For the past 40 years, Federal Tax Workshops, Inc. has been dedicated to providing the most up-to-date information on tax and financial developments affecting today’s accounting, tax and other financial professions.
We specialize in educating professionals in the areas of individual and corporate tax issues, partnerships, S corporations, and ethics best practices. In addition, we offer complete tax training courses for new accounting professionals heading into their first tax season. FTW materials include not only comprehensive outlines, but also extensive case studies, exhibits and worksheets illustrating practical situations.
Our courses provide a thorough training experience for members of the accounting and tax profession and our discussion leaders specialize in bringing real-life experiences to the classroom. We strive to meet the needs of the profession by keeping current with the latest legislation.
2013 Course OfferingsComprehensive Tax Updates
- Business Tax Update
- Individual Tax Update
- Key Tax Issues Facing Members in Industry
- Spring Tax Update and Recent IRS Developments
- 2013 Tax Season Update
- 2013 Year-End Tax Planning: Thinking Outside the Box
- Best Practices
- Ethical Marketing for Tax Practitioners
- IRS Regulation of Tax Practitioners
- Updated AICPA Statements on Standards of Tax Practice
- Capitalization vs. Repair of Tangible Property Regulations
- Choice of Entity Update: Which is Best?
- Financial Accounting for LLCs and Partnerships
- Partnerships/LLCs - Tax Issues in the Formation of the Entity
- Partnerships/LLCs - Tax Issues in the Sale, Liquidation or Merger
- S Corps: Financial Accounting
- S Corps: General Update and Key Planning Issues for the Former C Corporations
- S Corps: Overview & Update
- Tax Depreciation: Update and Special Topics
- Travel and Entertainment Expenses: Planning and Update